City of London, London
Business Intelligence Data Modeler | London or Havant
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Business Intelligence Data Modeller
Location: London or Havant
Due to their continued growth, my client are hiring a Data Modeler to work within our UK Business Intelligence team.
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, you will work with senior stakeholders across cross functional business areas to deliver strategic modelling capability, insights and actions in-line with stakeholder requirements and expectations.
The successful Data Modeler will be able to demonstrate a strong analytical background and be an authority in building complex models to support strategic and operational initiatives using the correct tools at the correct time. Advanced Excel and confidence with T-SQL are requirements for this role. Any significant exposure/knowledge of SSRS, PowerBI and DAX expressions would be favourable in this position.
* Develop scalable modelling systems to satisfy strategic and operational specifications.
* Deliver and maintain fit-for-purpose reports and dashboards within a variety of technical environments.
* Carry out in depth review and analysis of monthly performance across a variety of business metrics and KPIs to provide data-led, relevant insights and recommendations
* Manipulate & interrogate large amounts of data using a range of reporting tools and analytical techniques (statistical analysis etc.).
* Provide a variety of ad hoc analysis support as required.
* Develop close working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the business
Background and Attributes:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Maths, Business Studies or a similar academic background
* Demonstrable experience as a Commercial Analyst, Business Analyst, Marketing Analyst or a similar role
* Proven experience in business modelling and analytical techniques across large volumes of data to deliver actionable insights
* Business process and/or data mapping knowledge beneficial
* Salesforce CRM system experience would be an advantage
* Advanced Excel skills
* Comfortable with SQL (transact) - Complex Querying, Stored Procedures, Function, CTEs
* Knowledge of PowerBI including DAX expressions
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills
* Strong attention to detail
*Able to digest concepts and translate into tangible output
* Able to work both individually and within a team
* Desire to continually improve.
* 29 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
* Group Pension Scheme
* Life Cover x 4 basic annual salary
* 2 paid charity days per year
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Free Eye Tests
* Season Ticket Loan (after probation)
* Childcare Allowance (after probation)
* Up to 6 free Physio Sessions (after probation)
* Excellent Maternity & Paternity Pay/Leave
Certes Computing (and all of its subsidiary companies) is committed to promoting equality and diversity in its business operations.
Published: 23rd Apr 2018
Who to Contact: