The Met Office employs around 1,800 people at 60 sites across the world, the majority (about 1,400) working out of our headquarters at Exeter.
As weather and climate experts we:
- predict the weather for tomorrow, next week, next season and beyond;
- are a significant contributor to the global understanding of climate change;
- are leading researchers of weather science;
- provide forecasts for sporting events such as Wimbledon and Open Golf;
- stand shoulder to shoulder with Armed Forces around the world;
- help keep roads open and planes flying;
- inform the decisions and policies of businesses and governments across the world;
- help the NHS provide preventative healthcare.
Currently the Met Office have a need for SC cleared developers who work within the following areas
- Actionscript 3
- Google Maps API
- Open Geospacial Consortium webservices
* For Java and flex positions the MET office will consider BPSS (BC) Clearance.
The Met Office are also looking for candidates with the following Test skills:
- Quick Test Professional v10 (QTP) & associated VBScript coding language
- UNIX command line interface
- PL SQL
- Oracle Relational DB
- Familiarity with WMS, WFS & WCS web service protocols
If you are SC cleared (or are eligible to undergo Security Clearance checks) and have the Development or Testing skills above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, apply directly for the roles listed below.
For more information about working with the Met Office, visit the site metoffice.gov.uk